Sunday, January 15, 2012

New Classes, Bubba Gump, and the Golden Globes

Hey everybody!

Monologue presentations are over!! It was a whole lot of fun and sections C, G, and H rocked the house!!! But with the end of the monologue presentation, we also have to end the first semester of school. :( It's still hard to believe that it's half way over and I've been in NY for about half a year. But I get new teachers and some new classes starting the 17th. My two new classes for this quarter are scene study, and combat for film. Combat for film is going to be fun! I've always been interested in it and I've been taught a few tricks. But it'll be really good to have about 8 weeks to really learn it. Scene study will be very interesting as well. I have my teacher from Acting for Film last semester teaching that class. Which means a lot of work books. But I like doing work, so it's no problem for me.

I went to Bubba Gump for the first time last night with my friends Caleb and Alli. It's pretty cool. It's a restaurant that's based on the movie Forest Gump. It was only a 15 minute wait to get our table, but it felt much longer because we were near the front door and the cold air was constantly blowing in. But once we were in we got our table, all was well. After we ordered our food, the waiter came back and quizzed us on the movie. And we got a lot of the questions right!! :D And our big prize that we won were three mints for after dinner!!! ............................. Yeah, very anti climatic. But it was still very fun. The food there is a little pricy, but what in New York is not. All in all, it was a very good experience.





When I got home, I turned on the TV to find that the Golden Globes were on! I had totally for gotten about them!! Sure they aren't as glamorous as the Tony or Oscar awards, but I still like watching it. Plus, I believe it's the only time that you can see television shows and movies get awards in the same night. There were a lot of good movies that were in the running for the gold. One of the ones I liked, Midnight in Paris, got best screenplay. I remember watching this movie after a shift at the movie theatre and falling in love with it. The writing was so beautiful and it was a joy to watch from start to end. One of my favorite TV shows was nominated that night as well. It didn't win best drama series, but Jessica Lange won the award for best supporting actress for her stunning performance as Constance in American Horror Story. Constance is one of those characters that, for the most part, you like to hate.

Here's a link to one of my favorite scenes that she's in;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie90D4lZIN8


I hope she gets to stay on the show. What the writers are wanting to do is that every new season there is a new house and a new haunting. I kind of like this idea. It keeps it fresh. But that also means saying goodbye to a lot of characters that I like. The writers are talking to some of the actors to stay on board for season 2, but they would be playing whole new people. I guess it could be quite challenging to make the audience see that you are now this character, and not the one he played last time. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do with that! :)

Well, that's all I have for now. I'll let you guys know how my new classes/teachers are.

Til next time, catch you later! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment