Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Work, School, and LA, here I come!

Hey everyone!

I know, it's been a long time. :P But I had a lot of stuff to do.

The main thing on my plate is school. Don't get me wrong, I love my school, and I love doing the work. There's just a lot of it and it currently is my first priority. I finished my Final scene for Acting for Film 1. The scene was from an un-produced script call "Rounder". The scene is set near the ending of the film. In the scene, Darrell asks his friend Tim and his girlfriend Jenn to meet him on the roof. When he goes up there, he shows them his baby nephew that he has in his bag. It being very cold, Tim and Jenn were not pleased. They were ready to leave, when Darrell suggested that they ransom him. Once again, Tim and Jenn are not happy with the idea. And on an impulse, Darrell throws the baby off the roof... I know, very grim. But it was a great scene to shoot. Caleb, who played Tim, and Jay, who played Darrell, were awesome to work with! :D

I've still got some more classes to do before the end of the semester; Acting technique, Meisner, and Shakespeare. My last class of Meisner is tomorrow, and I just ended my Voice and Movement class this morning. Voice and movement today was very interesting. My teacher, Peter, decided to try something different with the monologues that we are doing for our monologue presentation this Saturday. He wanted us to say our monologues, as if we were one of the four main elements; Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Today, we worked all but water. Peter said he wanted to get us out of our usual way of doing it, so we won't always think that there is only one way to do it. The ones that really stood out for me were air and fire. When I did it as air, it almost sounded venomous, like I was going to kill the person I was talking to. And the monologue is actually talking about someone wanting a chance at a relationship with that person. Lol. Fire, on the other hand, had a completely different result from air. After the intense work that we had to do to get to fire, I felt this sense of anger as I was doing the monologue. It was draining, but incredibly fun. Peter told us the more we work with the elements, we can easily tap into it for any scene or monologue. He also told us that we have our own natural element that makes us who we are; for me, I have the movement of either water or air, but the personality of fire. I'm going to try to get a consultation with Peter, that way I can work more with this elemental way of acting.

Another thing I was busy with is the fact that I'm trying to find a job. So far, I've applied to two restaurants. But I haven't heard from them yet. I'll still keep applying, and hopefully someone will take pity on a poor acting student and give her a job. But in the meantime, I'll have to be careful about my budget... I might start having to wash my clothes in the shower to save on using the washing machines in the dorm... Sorry Dee!!

So, I have made a final decision about my second year at NYFA. I'm definitely going to go to Los Angeles! There just seems to be of learning and working opportunities for me over there. Plus, it'll be good to make some connections out there, and I'll be able to know how to work LA if I book a role. Don't worry, to all my NY friends, I'll be back. I'm still on the look out for a roommate. Give me a shout out if you are interested!!

Well, that's all I have for now. I'll let you know how the monologue presentation I have on Saturday goes!

Catch you later! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment