Sunday, December 18, 2011

Beginning of an Actress's Blog (I'll come up with better titles, I promise)

Hello everybody!!

For those of you who just came across this blog, my name is Katie. For those of you who know me, well you already know who I am. :D

I'm starting this blog because I want to keep an account of what's going on in my life, and that way I can look back and see what has and hasn't changed.

Just a quick summary of who I am for those who don't really know me; I was born into a - now retired - military family, I'm 20 years old, I'm currently live in New York and studying at the New York Film Academy (NYFA), I love singing, dancing, writing (both books and screenplays), and acting. Yeah, that's about it. I know, not very much.

Anyway, I'm currently in the second day of my winter break for school. I get to go back to Austin, TX, with my family and spend Christmas with them. My mom's glad to have me back. It'll be great to just relax for a bit. I might even be able to make some progress in my writing. But I don't think I'll get used to not being able to take the subway to get where I need to be for the next two weeks.

I'll be going back on the 30th, just in time to see the Times Square ball drop. But I'm also going to try to get back to see Peter Pan that night. For those of you who don't know, Peter Pan was my very first musical that I got to perform in. I used to drag my parents into the living room and make them watch me do the indian dance along with the Mary Martin version of the show when we were at home. This show has a special place in my heart, so I have to try to see it. :D

Once we reach the 3rd of next month, we start to go back to school again. I'm looking forward to the next semester and the new classes. But I also face a little bit of a dilemma. I have the choice of either continuing my second year at NYFA in New York, or I could go all the way to the west coast and take it in LA. I'm beginning to lean toward going to LA, but I would miss the Big Apple very very much. It is a little early in the game to make a final decision, but I don't like not knowing what my plan is. I'll figure it out when I cross that bridge.

Well, I think that's all for tonight folks. I'm starting to fall asleep at my keyboard. I'll try to keep these posts as interesting as I possibly can.

Til then, catch you later! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment